Manicure Monday's: Daisy Nails

18:35


I got a bit bored last week and decided to try out some nail art. I got the idea from a nail art book by Wah London. I had all the polishes and utensils at home so I though might as well give it a go! But let me warn you: only do it if you have a quite a bit of time on your hand, if you're in a rush it will definitely not dry in time and you'll end up with some messy nails! 

Things I used:
  • Black Nail Polish (Revlon Colourstay Stiletto 270)-chipped quite easily, maybe try another black if you have it.
  • Yellow Nail Polish (Revlon Colourstay Buttercup 100)
  • White Nail Polish (OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls NL M37)-probably would have worked better if it was more of a pure white!
  • Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
  • Nail Polish Remover
  • Dotting Utensil (from Sportsgirl)
  • Cotton ball

How to do it:
In order of when to apply

1. Get your nails ready (whatever you do to get it ready e.g. buff, cut etc). Paint your whole nails with the black polish. Wait for it to dry.
2. Use the dotting utensil and either pour some white polish out on to a little lid or just dip it in (I just dipped it in). Then dot 5 dots in a pentagon shape, try to make them quite big dots fairly close together. As to how many daisy you put on one finger is up to you. I did two on my pinky, and 3 or 4 on my other nails. So if you do two, you'll need two pentagons. Do all the white dots before you move to the next step. Also wait for it to dry.
3. If your dotting utensil has only one tip, you'll have to use the nail polish remover and a cotton ball to remove the white from the utensil.
4. Then once again either pour out the yellow or just dip in in. Dot the middle of the pentagon. There you have it, your daisies!
5. This is optional, but I highly recommend to prevent it from chipping or the top layer coming off. You could use any top coat, but I always just use the quick dry top coat over any polish. Wait for the daisies to dry slightly. Then apply this over it, don't press too hard onto the nail with the brush as this may put a bit of dint in it. Wait for the quick dry top coat to dry, should be a about 5 minutes.

There you have it little daisy nails! The Wah Nails tutorial is a bit more complicated but I'd never attempted any nail art, so I simplified it slightly to make it easier for myself.

Give it a go if you have time/utensil! Would love to see them if you do, tweet/email/tag me!

Lots of Love,

Tanya 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *