Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Quinoa Salad

20:36


If you're into health and fitness, quinoa is popping up here and there! Quinoa is a grain that has many health benefits. It is believed to reduce diabetes, lowering cholesterol and allows you to feel fuller for longer as it is full of fibres. Additionally quinoa contains many vitamins and is iron rich. All in all, quinoa has several health benefits and it doesn't taste too bad either! 

I've been having this salad at least once for the last couple of weeks! You can take or put anything you want with this salad depending on what you like! 

Cooking the Quinoa:
Based on what I've learnt from researching, 1 cup of quinoa is equal to 2 cups of water. I pour the amount of quinoa I need, strain it while the water is running to wash it slightly before I cook it. Pour the quinoa into a pot, with the correct amount of water and heat it on medium to low for approximately 10-15 minutes. After that, I let it sit there until its relatively cold. 

The Salad toppings: 
Like I said, put whatever you please with your quinoa. These are my favourite toppings:
-Roasted Pumpkin (cut into pieces roasted with rosemary in the over 10 mins on each side at 220° C)
-Feta
-Chopped Cucumber
-Olives
-Capsicum 
-Celery 
-Coriander
-Smoked Salmon pieces (I like to put salmon as it gives it a bit more flavour but other forms of meat could be added) 

Squeeze a bit of lemon and season with salt and pepper and it's good to eat! Or refrigerate it and have it for lunch the next day! 


Hope you like this recipe! 

Lots of Love,
Tanya 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *